Framing Your Travel Memories
Vacation is a special time of year when you relax and get away from the craziness of reality, creating powerful memories of your time with friends and family. You work hard all year for your vacation, planning it carefully, counting down the days…and it’s over before you know it. What do you have to show for it, besides a couple of extra pounds and a gorgeous tan? You’ve got your memories! You bought souvenirs, took amazing photos, and documented your journey. Bring those items to us so we can help bring your vacation memories back to life. Relive the fun & excitement of your travels by seeing them custom framed on your wall every day.
Tip: Hang framed vacation pictures in a place where they can be viewed daily. Guaranteed smiles!
What Are Your Favorite Vacation memories?
No two vacations are alike. Your photos and souvenirs will vary based on what kind of trip you took. Because each framing project is custom, we can create a display that is as unique as your vacation. Wouldn’t you like to display…
…the African mask from your study abroad program?
…the fossils you found by the lakeshore?
the first moment you stuck your toes in the water?
…the favorite drink you ordered at the beach?
…the epic panorama from your family ski trip?
Vacation Souvenirs That Work Well For Framing:
Sea Shells Stamps & Postcards
Foreign Coins Local Art & Sculpture
Interesting Vacation Photographs To Frame:
Famous Landmarks Family Portraits
Don’t cheat yourself, vacations are important! A vacation can increase creativity, reduce stress, and produce memories for a lifetime. We’d love to help you relive your favorite vacation every day. Stop by with your photos & souvenirs to see how custom framing can turn a boring scrapbook into a daily conversation piece.
We’ll Print It For You!
Just bring us your digital file, and we can print it in any size and on paper, canvas, acrylic, wood, metal or even coasters!
Take A Better Digital Photo
- Clean your lens! A dirty lens can ruin several, if not all, the pics you take. Many newer phones will warn you if they sense a smudged lens.
- Take your time. Even top-of-the-line digital cameras may need time to auto-adjust focus to lighting conditions and action speeds.
- If you want to take a photo of a person not in your party, always ask permission!
- Consider lighting. Most photographers encourage the use of natural lighting to illuminate your image (early morning or evening will avoid the tourist crowd). Try to get the subject in the light, not backlit, for a clear shot.
- For action shots or scenes where the subject is moving rapidly, use ‘burst-mode’ or a similar mode to take multiple pics per second. You will wind up with many photos from which you can choose the perfect action shot.
- Some of the most dramatic vacation photos are in silhouette, with the setting sun in the background. The contrast makes for a vivid image.
- Don’t forget filter apps, just for fun – vintage, rainbow, black and white, etc. You can find all kinds of effects to apply using your phone or social media network.
- If you are taking selfies, don’t forget to show where you are! Turn your phone to landscape and put yourself to one side. (This also works for a panorama shot.) Or in portrait mode, put yourself at the bottom.
- Pose your subjects with a theme. Photograph a row of bare feet. Or have everybody’s back to the camera. Act like they are scaling a monument instead of just staring at it.
Vacation Bucket List
According to a 2017 survey by the US News & World Report, Rome is one of the world’s best places to visit. In terms of cultural offerings and affordability combined, it’s a must-see city! Check out the other 30 places around the world they recommend visiting. What’s on YOUR vacation bucket list?